Tuesday, July 10, 2007

8 is Great!


Cameryn had her baptism on Saturday July 7, 2007. Grandma and Grandpa Barnard flew in to be here for it - we are so glad to have them here. She chose a beautiful white taffeta dress and looked just like a little angel. She was so excited for her special day. I can still see her little feet kick up a bit when Ben baptized her, she was grinning from ear to ear and so so happy! She had a nice program and then we had pink lemonade pie afterwards. We went out to dinner with grandma and grandpa afterwards. (another story!) She was confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Sacrament meeting on Sunday. Those who stood in were Ben, Grandpa Bruce Barnard, Pres. Tyler Groves, David Worth, Glenn Thigpen, Brandon Cutrell, Doug Woodward, & William Hartley. That night when I asked her how she felt she said "clean." She is perfectly clean and wise beyond her years. We are so proud of her and her decision to be baptized.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cameryn's baptism was wonderful. We were so happy to be able to be there. Due to bad weather it took us 2 days to get to N.C. Because of severe rain storms in Houston, our flight was delayed for 8 hours. We flew to Atlanta at midnight, but missed the connecting flight to New Bern by several hours, so we had to spend the night there. Then, the next morning, the flight to New Bern was delayed due to technical difficulties and we were really nervous that we wouldn't make it in time for the baptism. We got there with only an hour to spare before the service. Thank goodness. It was all worth the stress.

Sarah Romer said...

Whew! sounds like your mom and dad had quite the trip! How nice they could be there for Cameron's baptism. I'm sure you're super busy...but post some pics when you get a chance! I would love to see sweet Cameron in her baptism dress. I'm sure she looked like an angel!

Sarah Romer said...

yay! pictures! I loved them. And what a beautiful dress. I'm sure she loved it.