Sunday, June 08, 2008

The Blue Angels


Saturday we went to Cherry Point (Marine Base in Havelock NC) to see the Blue Angels. One word - AMAZING! I am so glad that we took the kids to see this. In case you don't know what the Blue Angels are (because I really didn't before this), they are Navy Jets (Boeing F/A - 18 Hornet) and they fly together in incredible diamond formations. It was so hot, close to record breaking, and being on the tarmac, man it was crazy hot, but it was so worth it. Cameryn had packed her umbrella, wanting to bring it with us and I made her leave it in the car. After we got off the Bus, I felt bad because it would have been nice to have, so Ben bought a big umbrella there. Caroline was loving it too, she would point at the jets as they went by and whisper WOW! Wow! The kids could only handle the heat so long, so we left a little bit early, but I was still trying to snap a cool picture of the jets flying over on our way out. It was an awesome adventure (and is wasn't so loud that it scared the kids - at least ours weren't) and it was free!
WOW!

I took this one myself! (along with lots of others) Pretty good if I do say so!
The kids were glad to get back to the air conditioned car!

Before the air show, we stopped at a campground just outside of New Bern and had a picnic. It felt good to pack up a picnic and have fun free family time. trying to catch a lizard!
me and my girls.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm like Caroline - Wow - I would have loved to see the jets flying. I'm always happy when you post new pictures of everyone. We really miss not being around the kids.

Nana said...

What an exciting family outing. You seem to find the neatest things to do in the area. I love seeing pictures of your sweet family.

Char said...

How much fun was that!! I'm jealous (well, except for the heat!)
Love the pics.
Char

G-mom said...

how fun!! your kids are so cute. Good job taking those pictures, you caught some good action!

Nathan said...

That looks like so much fun. Wow. You guys have such a cute family.