I have been thinking about doing this for awhile now, and Monica has now developed a new recipe blog (I am not that ambitious, it's hard enough to regular blog), so I thought I would share a few of our families favorites. These recipes are yummy, tried and true! Hope you like them as much as we do.
Chewy Blondies
1/2 cup butter
2 cups packed brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla
Powdered sugar (to dust after finished)
Preheat oven to 350* Grease a 9x13" pan. In a med. sauce pan, melt the butter. Turn off heat, add brown sugar and stir until smooth. (will still be grainy) Stir in the eggs. Stir together the flour and baking powder and add to the sugar mixture. Stir in the vanilla. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes. When cool, dust with powdered sugar ( I use my mesh colander).
This recipe can be easily halved - use an 8x8" pan, or doubled, using a jelly roll pan.
Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup butter
3/4 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups flour
3/4 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1 bag chocolate chips
Cream together butter. sugars, eggs. and vanilla. In a seperate bowl sift together flour, salt and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture and beat well. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop onto cookie sheet by heaping tablespoons, I use cookie scooper. Bake @ 350* for 8-10 min. until lightly browned.
Easy Brownies
2 cups white sugar
1 cup butter
1/2 cup cocoa
1 tsp. vanilla
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup walnuts (opt.) I use one cup of choc. chips instead.
Melt the butter and mix all ingredients in the order given.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 30 minutes in a 9 x 13 inch greased pan.
Sunday, March 16, 2008
A few of our favorites
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










4 comments:
Excellent idea Angie. I am going to make up the chewy blondies tomorrow.
You always have such delicious recipes to share. Thanks again for sharing the good ones...
Char
Angie, You are the best cook ever.....It is a wonderful talent and thanks for sharing it. I can vouch for the brownies...very yummy!
This is another super one I got from my friend Monica. I wanted to put it on here since I will be gone for the rest of the summer and not have access to my recipes.
Cherry Squares
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 c. soft butter -Cream together
4 eggs -Add one at a time
2 c. flour -Add
1/4 t. lemon extract (almond might be good w/cherry too)
1 can cherry pie filling
-Mix up and spread on bottom of greased 15x10x1 (jelly roll) pan.
Place 1 T. blops onto pan, so when you cut it into squares, they will be in the center of each.
Bake @ 350 for 25-30 min. Cool, cut serve.
Chocolate Cake
3 C. flour
2 c. sugar
2 t. soda
1/2 c. cocoa
2 t. vinegar
1 c. oil 1 t. salt
2 t. vanilla
2 c. cold water
Mix well and bake @ 350 for 35-40 min. Fills one bundt pan.
Chocolate Glaze
6 oz. chocolate chips (semi)
3 T. melted butter
Melt together and drizzle over top.
Post a Comment