Friday, January 04, 2008

Ten Months

My tiny girl is already 10 months! Today we went to the Dr. for what should have been her 9 month well child visit and immunizations. (It took this long to get rescheduled, since last month I remembered her appointment 10 minutes before it started and I still had to drive 25 mins. to get there!) She weighed 18 lbs and 8 oz.(50%) and was 28 1/2" (75-90%). I always hate when the realization sets in that someone is hurting her about 1 second after the first shot. Her little soft, heartbroken, high cry is so hard to hear, but she calmed right down and snugged into my arms when she knew she was safe again. Luke plugged his ears saying I hate when this happens!

She is such a joy, and growing too fast! She took a few steps to her daddy on Dec. 26th, a good day, My Grandpa Barnard's birthday! (I miss him). She got a toy she could walk behind or ride on from Santa and pushes it around grinning from ear to ear. I was clapping my hands to the rhythm of some music today and she started clapping along. She just fits in so well, she knows she belongs! We all love her so much!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that she is up to date on all her immunizations. You are a good mother to take care of all the necessary things in the lives of your children. It's not always easy.

Char said...

She's not really that old, is she? And I agree with you mom! You Go Girl for keeping up with all that important stuff--especially with Ben gone so much.