Saturday, October 13, 2007

Happy Birthday Dear B.J. !!!

Happy Birthday to you! We all love our sweet, kind and funny B.J. ! I feel truly blessed to have a brother like B.J. Someday we will all know of his greatness and why he didn't have the same kind of test here on earth, but for now we will enjoy his sweet mellow personality and be ever grateful for the things he has taught us about trials, life, innocence and goodness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember so vividly the day our precious boy was born. What a treasure he was and is. He is everything you could hope for in a boy - so full of potential and promise. At only 8 years of age that earthly potential was taken away by the viral encephalitis. My heart aches when I think of what he could have been here on this earth. Then I have to remember what he will be for eternity and that eases the sorrow. He has taught us so much.
I'll never forget the day, just a few months after he was released from Primary Children's, that a friend brought him home. I had not realized he had left the house. He said he just wanted to go for a walk. She said that three teenage boys had stopped him just down the street (not realizing that he was so talkative and hyper because of the brain damage) and were holding him pushed up against a fence, taunting him and bullying him. When I found out I cried. He hugged me and said "It's okay mom, don't cry, they don't understand."
That's pretty much what Jesus would have said. Even with a major portion of his brain destroyed, B.J. understood on a deeper level than most of us and was willing to forgive immediately.
That was a turning point for me, I realized that this trial was not a burden to be endured but a beautiful treasure instead. What an opportunity - to be able to take care of one of the great spirits who could not take care of himself in mortality. I feel so blessed and fortunate to be his caregiver.

Donna Carpenter said...

Angie, I just found your blog. I enjoyed getting to know your family better. Happy Birthday B.J.